1400 Oliver Hill Way, Richmond VA 23219 804-225-1853
The Conrad Center Soup Kitchen provides an ideal foundation on which Freedom House builds trusting relationships with our guests. Once there, we are able to engage them in other critical services co-located at the Center that serves to improve the quality of their lives, increase their self-sufficiency and gives them the power to change.
The Conrad Center Soup Kitchen also:
- Provides breakfast, bagged lunches and dinner, five days a week and supper on Saturdays and Sundays. This is the only regular breakfast and dinner program in the region.
- Served over 48,000 meals in 2010-11.
- Attracts over 800 volunteers each year who provide and serve meals, sponsor needs drives and advocate for services.
- 90% of Conrad Center staff are former clients. They are now productive members of society and provide the motivation for many of their former peers to seek the road to recovery.
- Central Intake, the single point of entry for homeless services operated by Commonwealth Catholic Charities, is co-located at the Conrad Center. Veterans Affairs, Department of Social Services and the Daily Planet Healthcare program also co-locate staff one day per week at the Conrad Center.
- Last year we referred 756 individuals and families to these critical resources – mainstream benefits, housing supports, veteran’s benefits and essential health screenings.